Dear Friends and Neighbors,
Here's a quick flash alert from Rep. John Koster. . .
Important bills are coming up for a hearing. Click on the links below for more information.
House Environment Committee
Monday, Feb. 13, 1:30 p.m. – House Hearing Room B, John L. O'Brien Building, Olympia, WA
- House Bill 1372 – Updating the framework for reducing greenhouse gas emissions in Washington based upon best available climate science.
- House Bill 1925 – Taking action to address lead in drinking water in schools.
- House Bill 2023 – Addressing the effective date of certain actions taken under the Growth Management Act.
House Public Safety Committee
Monday, Feb. 13, 1:30 p.m. – House Hearing Room D, John L. O'Brien Building, Olympia, WA
- House Bill 1736 – Concerning the establishment of a premobilization assistance program to assist local fire suppression entities on the initial attack of a wildland fire.
- House Bill 1976 – Creating a pilot program for the supervision of offenders who commit motor vehicle-related and property offenses.
House Early Learning & Human Services Committee
Tuesday, Feb. 14, 8 a.m. – House Hearing Room C, John L. O'Brien Building, Olympia, WA
- House Bill 1639 – Creating a specialized child care pilot program for vulnerable children.
- House Bill 1784 – Concerning creation of a certified child safety policy.
- House Bill 1831 – Revising resource limitations for public assistance.
- House Bill 1867 – Improving transitions in extended foster care to increase housing stability for foster youth.
House Agriculture & Natural Resources Committee
Tuesday, Feb. 14, 10 a.m. – House Hearing Room B, John L. O'Brien Building, Olympia, WA
- House Bill 1710 – Limiting appeals related to the harvest of damaged forest products.
- House Bill 1924 – Concerning small forest landowners.
- House Bill 1944 – Exempting certain law enforcement officers from the hunter education training program.
- House Bill 2018 – Concerning livestock inspection.
House Community Development, Housing and Tribal Affairs Committee:
Tuesday, Feb. 14, 10 a.m. – House Hearing Room E, John L. O'Brien Building, Olympia, WA
- House Bill 1987 – Concerning allowing affordable housing development on religious organization property.
- House Bill 1937 – Concerning buffer zones with respect to siting state-licensed marijuana businesses and entities near reservations of federally recognized tribes.
- House Bill 2044 – Concerning the hosting of the homeless by religious organizations.
House Judiciary Committee
Tuesday, Feb. 14, 10 a.m. – House Hearing Room A, John L. O'Brien Building, Olympia, WA
- House Bill 2029 – Providing a referral resource for those seeking information and assistance for immigration and citizenship related matters.
- House Bill 1935 – Reducing criminal justice expenses by eliminating the death penalty and instead requiring life imprisonment without possibility of release or parole as the sentence for aggravated first degree murder.
To comment on a bill, click on the link and then look for the button on the right-hand side that says, “Comment on this bill.” Go here to learn how to testify on a bill. Call my office if you need more information.